Monday 6 February 2012

Mmmm Mmmm Good....

That's what a bowl of Bead Soup is Mmmm Mmmm good! 

I love living in an older neighborhood, aside from the fact my mail is delivered right to my door, I also get it by 10 a.m. everyday!  So, as I went down the hall to the front door and opened it I was surprised with a BIG envelope from my Bead Soup partner, Sonya Stille.  Let's just say this 39 year old skipped back down the hall into the livingroom, that's right, I skipped.  

Let me back up a little so in case your just joining me you have an idea of what Bead Soup is... Our lovely Hostess, Lori Anderson (http://www.prettythingsblog.com/) has this wonderful event called Bead Soup Blog Party.  She organizes this awesome event and allows 200 participants.  You are drawn at random and then paired with another beader.  You exchange information with your partner and then send a lovely arrangement of beads, a focal and a clasp to each other in the hopes of pushing each other outside of your comfort zone for creativity.  Then during the reveal day all 200 participants post their creations on their blogs and we do a blog hop looking at all the lovely masterpieces. 

This is my very first Bead Soup Blog Party and I am thrilled, so Thank You very much Lori for this experience and for putting so much effort into making this event a reality.  You're truly amazing!

I was partnered with Sonya Stille from Augusta, Georgia.  Sonya and I have exchanged a few emails and are starting to become good friends on Facebook.  I have shared details of my beading experience with Sonya and I am starting to catch little glimpses of her work, let me say I'm impressed.  Sonya is a wife and mother to 2 little ones.  Sonya is currently working on opening her Etsy Shop and has started a Facebook page for her jewelry, visit her when you can & give her a 'like' (https://www.facebook.com/pages/SAS-Jewelry-Designs/291318200921323).  Here is some Seed Beading Sonya has done, very pretty, something I haven't tried (yet).


Now on with the 'Soup'....after skipping back to the livingroom like a school girl, I tore open my envelope to find a lovely box.  I have to apologize right now to Sonya, my packaging is not pretty.  Please forgive me, this caught me in the middle of moving houses. 

Didn't I say the box was lovely?

My Yummy Soup Mix.  Thank you Sonya for the gorgeous selection just up my alley.  My husband even said when he saw it "Well, that is definitely something you would design with." 
Clockwise: Brown Freshwater Pearls, Snakeskin Agate, Copper Flower Toggle, Custom Copper pendant made by Sonya.

Here's a closer look at the focal.  Sonya texturized, annealed, soldered a bezel and placed the cabochon.  She also riveted the bail and patina'd the whole piece.  Wow!  Pictures don't do the piece justice, its a beauty.  Thank you Sonya!

Well, there it is my Bead Soup and I already have ideas rolling around, now to get busy for the March 3rd reveal date/blog hop!

All the best until the next time,
Traci

Here is a list of the other participants, when you have time please visit their pages and give them a follow.
 
1.  Adlinah Kamsir (Kingdom of Bahrain) and Hajer Waheed (Singapore)
2. Adrienn Lukacs (Hungary) and Agata Grygiel (Poland)
3.  Agi Kiss (Hungary) and Carolien Muller-Genger (the Netherlands)
4.  Agnes Asztalos (Hungary) and B.R. Kuhlman
7.  Alicia Marinache (Canada) and Dita Basu




15.  Bonnie Coursolle (Canada) and Fay Wolfenden (Canada)
16.  Carmel McGinley (Australia) and Tracy Stillman (Australia)




21.  Cheryl Brown (Canada) and Diana Ptaszynski
22.  Christina Stofmeel (the Netherlands) and Eva Kovacs (Hungary)
24.  Cilla Watkins (Canada) and Elaine Robitaille (Canada)
25.  Sabrina Straub (Switzerland) and Kathy Combs




32.  Dee Elgie (UK) and Joanne Lockwood (UK)
33.  Dian Hierschel (Germany) and Eniko Fabian (Austria)
37.  Doris Stumpf (Germany) and Eszter Czibulyas (Hungary)
39.  Elke Leonhardt-Rath (Germany) and Marjolein Trewavas (UK)



41.  Erika Nooteboom (the Netherlands) and Giorgia Rossini (Italy)
45.  Ginger Bishop (military, Okinawa) and Martina Nagele (Germany)
48.  Helene Goldberg (Australia) and Karen Vincent

 



54.  Joanna Matuszczyk (Poland) and Julianna Kis (Hungary)
55.  Joanne Tinley (UK) and Michaela Pabeschitz (Austria)




65.  Kristina Johansson (Sweden) and Penny Neville (Canada)
66.  Krisztina Erlaki-Toth (Hungary) and Nicole Keller (Germany)

 



76.  Lori Finney (Canada) and Marie-Noel Voyer-Cramp (Canada)
78.  Marta Kaczerowska (Poland) and Milla Starchik (Canada)





83.  Michelle Jensen (Canada) and Sandra Young (Canada)



92.  Rosa Maria Cuevas (Mexico) and Tejae Floyde
93.  Sabine Dittrich (Germany) and Sally Russick
95.  Shanti Johnson and Tracy Mok (Canada)
97.  Sonya Stille and Traci Zeller (Canada)
98.  Stefanie Teufel (Germany) and Tania Hagen (New Zealand)


9 comments:

  1. Great mix, very nice focal. It should be fun for you and for all of us when we get to see it on the third

    ReplyDelete
  2. This 41 year old was skipping around her house (after tip-toeing across the glacier at the bottom of the driveway) when she got her bead soup -- so I totally believe it! :)

    Your soup ingredients are gorgeous! I will definitely be back to see what lovely things come from them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your soup this should be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Lotsa love put into that soup, especially that handmade pendant! It is truly fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Traci, I am soooo happy that you like your soup! I check the mail every day in hopes that I too will go skipping back into the house. Unfortunatley our postman does not deliver until after 4pm so every day has been such a long wait. I am hoping maybe today will be the day. I can't wait to see what you design.
    Hugs,
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the good fortune to see that pendant in person before Sonya mailed it, and it truly is a beauty! Can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, delicious, Traci! Lucky lassie! I can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. VERY unique pendant! I'm struggling with some of my earth tones -- can't wait to see what you do with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous pendant! Anything you make with it is bound to be lovely...can't wait for reveal day.

    ReplyDelete