Tuesday 30 April 2013

A little of this, a little of that...

I haven't been working with art beads lately, as I have been having lots of fun with wire work.  However, I took on a little challenge with a very good friend and we decided to each make a pair of earrings to jump start each others inspiration (it was actually a good kick in the butt). :)  I didn't make anything too fancy, but I did come up with some great everyday earrings that could be worn with just about everything throughout the summer.
 



Once I finished the earrings, I started looking at my ever growing art beads.  I have bought from a few new (to me) artist and have really been wanting to make something with their beautiful art beads.  Again, inspiration has been lacking the last while, but these two designs came about quite quickly and nicely (in my opinion).

Yolanda's Clay Art Beads

Gaea Pendants Art Beads


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, as always, Traci! Your earrings are so cute, and I LOVE that bracelet! Thank you for giving me the incentive to get back in my studio! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna. <3 Thank you for giving me a kick in the butt. :)

      Delete
  2. Your new pieces are fantastic! I really LOVE that bottom bracelet! I used some of Gaea's beads in the bracelet that made the April cover of Bead Trends :) She is just wonderful! Glad you two were able to inspire each other. Makes me so happy when my friends become friends with each other <3 Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie. :) Gaea has been great to work with, lovely person and her art beads are fantastic, perhaps I will make a few more things with the stash I have started to build up. LOL

      Delete