Monday 29 October 2012

Busy Season and October Bead Trends...

Time certainly has been flying by lately and I've been busy as a bee making jewellery for my upcoming Christmas Market Season!  I love doing Christmas Markets and overhearing people's observations of my jewellery.  This year I am really excited and a whole lot of nervous.  I have booked myself every weekend in November for a Christmas Market, some a single day, some 3 days!  But thanks to the love and support of my awesome family I know I will get through them with a smile on my face.  

My upcoming Christmas Market schedule is;



Getta Gift! Jewellery
 Upcoming Christmas Markets

November 3 & 4, 2012 - Elbow Springs Winter Market at the Elbow Springs Golf Club.  
10 a.m. - 5 p.m.

November 11, 2012 - Fort Calgary Christmas Artisan Market at Fort Calgary. 
11 a.m. – 5 p.m.

November 16-18, 2012 - Kananaskis Country Christmas in Redwood Meadows.  
Redwood Meadow Golf Clubhouse.  
*Friday, November 16, 2012 – 6 p.m.- 9 p.m. *
*Saturday, November 17 & Sunday, November 18, 2012 – 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.*

November 24, 2012 – Cochrane Ranche House Christmas Market. 
10 a.m. - 6 p.m.

Another published piece...
My 'Autumn Bee' Bracelet was featured in Bead Trends October 2012 Issue.  Whenever I submit something to Bead Trends I hold my breath for a few days waiting (impatiently) to see if I will receive 'the' email and once in a while I get lucky. :)  I was quite excited about this bracelet because the way I put it together is quite different than any thing I have made before.  I used a lovely Bee focal from Spirited Earth and combined it with Boro Lampwork Beads from SeaShore Glass, the combination was a delight for me.  Then I added czech glass, reconstructed turquoise and antique brass to complete the project.  I love how Bead Trends photographed it and am seriously thinking about keeping this one for myself, time will tell. :)  Its also always an honor to have your project featured among so many other beautiful artisan pieces.


Autumn Bee by Getta Gift! Jewellery
Photography by Bead Trends Magazine

OK, this was a quick little update, but I need to scoot, lots of prep to do before the weekend.  If your local I hope to see you out at one of my many Christmas Markets.

Take care and stay safe,
Traci

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I think that Bead Trends has by and far the best photography of pieces, I love how everything I've sent them has come out in print :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you were a busy girl in November. Love your bee bracelet in the picture. Congrats on how busy you have been and of course Bead Trends.

    ReplyDelete