Friday 2 August 2013

Summer, where do I begin?....

I've been very remiss in blogging, but I have been busy with lots of little projects throughout the summer with the kiddo.   I never really expect to create tons of jewelry throughout the year, so when I have burst of creativity I'm thrilled and when I have long dry spells I'm okay with that too.  I've always said my family comes first, hence the reason I quit my corporate career to take on my Mommy career. 

Summer has been a whirlwind of activities for our family; summer camps, swimming lessons, day trips, ball games, birthday parties, gardening and crafts with a handful of jewelry projects tossed in.

July was our busiest month, but I did manage to produce a few new pieces of jewelry;











I've also been doing lots of projects with the kiddo and we have enjoyed spending the time creating little works of art that can be used around the house.  The kiddo also sold the Suncatchers at a little Craft Market for Kids (all but 3 sold!).
 




We've have been doing some Urban Farming using planters on our deck.  We have enjoyed growing Tomatoes, Carrots, Brocolli, Strawberries, an assortment of Herbs and Rhubarb.  We are already planning next years crops and hoping to expand a bit, we're definitely thinking Peas, Cucumbers and Lettuce will need to be added next year. :)



So, I hope your summer is as much as fun as ours and that you are making lots of special memories.


All the best,
Traci

www.etsy.com/shop/downtownglam
www.facebook.com/DowntownGlam

1 comment:

  1. You've been so busy, indeed! What beautiful work you do, Tracy! Looks like you all have had a fun summer as well as a productive one! Best wishes! :-) Sharyl

    ReplyDelete