Tuesday 14 August 2012

Summertime all the time...

I know I have been a little remiss in looking after this blog and I will try to get a little better at this with Autumn coming at us.  

Bear with me as this post will be a bit jumpy and cover a lot of stuff they may or may not pertain to jewelry making.  :)

My summer has been full of laughter, adventure, family and down-time.  What my summer hasn't had is a lot of jewelry design.  Its not that I have strayed from jewelry design/making (because I have certainly stocked up on great pieces to create with in the coming months), its just that I needed some time away from, well, anything that seemed fast-paced, pressured or had time frames around it.

Throughout the summer I have enjoyed spending an endless amount of time with my family.  We took our first family vacation in 5 years, have gone to the local amusement park a few times, tons of swimming, enjoyed picnics, local sightseeing, birthday parties and anything else that we found interesting.  Its been a complete joy doing all these things with my family.  The laughter and memories we have created I can't put a price tag on.

During the summer I have also seen a few more of my designs published in Bead Trends magazine.

This bracelet was published in May 2012 Bead Trends.  I named the bracelet 'Karen' after my mother and she is now in possession of this bracelet and a copy of this magazine.

These earrings were published in June 2012 Bead Trends.  Summer Blues, available in my Etsy Shop (www.etsy.com/shop/gettagift)

These earrings were published in July 2012 Bead Trends.  Pink Lime Flair.

All photography is courtesy of Bead Trends Magazine (Northridge Publishing).    I love the way they photograph my pieces making them sparkle and look glamorous.  I look forward to seeing my future pieces in print later this year.  

So, with Autumn rushing its way into our lives and my little guy starting kindergarten, you will find me settling into a more routine schedule of designing and making jewelry.  I have been busy scheduling Christmas Markets around the area and will update you all on my schedule in the next few weeks.  Please come back often, visit me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GettaGiftJewellery and feel free to browse my Etsy Shop at www.etsy.com/shop/gettagift.  I do ship worldwide and promptly.

Until the next blog post, have a great day(s) and hold on to these last days of summer as long as you can.

All the best,
Traci

5 comments:

  1. Very happy for you that you have been able to enjoy a family vacation. Also happy to see the fruits of your labours in magazines! Fantastic!
    Embrace the upcoming school year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those fun summer days you'll cherish forever. It's so worth it to spend those days away from beading and concentrate on your loved ones. Those little ones have a way of growing into big ones before you know it. I've so enjoyed seeing your pieces in Bead Trends this summer. Your designs are always beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna and I love seeing your designs too!

      Delete
  3. I am enjoying your varied blog topics, Traci... I love it when we can write about whatever is impacting our lives in the moment. Your featured pieces are lovely!

    ReplyDelete